As reported in a prior post, we had a great meeting last Thursday evening with a good number of members and guests! All elected Highlands County Republicans and candidates were invited and many were able to attend including sheriff candidates Paul Blackman and James Fansler, county commission candidate Madge Stewart and superintendent of schools candidate William “Pep Hutchinson III.
Highlands County Republican Executive Committee Chairman Kathy Rapp, our delegate to the RNC, had an extensive display of RNC memorabilia as shown in the above photo and gave an excellent slide presentation of the highlights of her five days at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland. An initial sampling of her pictures was included in a prior report. The following are brief notes from Chairman Rapp’s speech and comments that followed her slide presentation Thursday evening:
- We have an excellent Strategy to Win!
- We have a winning team with Donald Trump and Governor Mike Pence!
- Donald Trump’s speech in Miami today to the National Association of Home Builders was excellent and one of his best. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HBZQnL_aIQ
- Let’s Make America Safe Again! Let’s Make America Grow Again! And Let’s Make America Great Again!
- Let’s make this the people’s election!
- Voters want change and they are sick and tired of Obama!
- Voters do not want four more years of Obama policies under Hillary!
- New voter registration is key! Must keep up the good work and increase our efforts!
- We are winning the voter registration battle in Highlands County! From Jan 1 to July 31, 2016 there were
- 1590 net gain Republicans registered in Highlands County
- 102 net gain Democrats
- 148 net gain NPA/Other
- We have reached about 2400 voters with over 2000 hand-addressed welcome postcards that have been sent to new Highlands County Republicans since we initiated the welcome postcard mailings to new Republicans. Thanks to all of our Turf Captains and dedicated volunteers!
- Unity is the Key Message! – We can win this election if we unify behind our candidates!
- Did you see world-famous theologian Wayne Grudem’s great article “Why Voting for Donald Trump is a Morally Good Choice” that was posted on our Facebook page? See http://townhall.com/columnists/waynegrudem/2016/07/28/why-voting-for-donald-trump-is-a-morally-good-choice-n2199564
- The liberal mainstream media is in it for Hillary! We have to do all the more!
- Polls are misleading! The mainstream media want Hillary to win and they do all they can to amplify polls that favor her. Their goal is to deflate our spirits and demotivate. But the polls are typically skewed 4-5 %.
- Volunteer Training – Met with Hannah Hughes from the RPOF last week. She will return on Sept 1, 2016 to train our leadership team and all volunteers who wish to be trained to reach voters. Training will take place at 6 PM at the Highlands County Republican Headquarters at corner of US 27 and Sparta Road. Bring your smart phone or ipad. Call 863 402-5456 for more info or see our website http://www.highlandscounty.gop/
The Highlands County REC does not endorse or take sides in a Republican Primary Election. All are encouraged to become educated on the candidates before you vote.
Paid for by the Highlands County Republican Executive Committee
P.O. Box 7987, Sebring, FL 33872